Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Graduation Post Script



This afternoon the DVD of Natalie's graduation came in the mail. As I watched her Chamber Choir sing I'll Be Seeing You for the last time I have to admit I got a little choked up. But it wasn't until the larger Varsity Choir sang Hail Southwest High for the last time that the tears started. Toward the end of the song the seniors stepped out of the choir and returned to their seats leaving the underclassmen to finish the song. Natalie is in Mesquite, Texas on a mission trip right now, otherwise, she would be giving me a hard time. The tears were short lived, though, as I watched my fun loving daughter walk across the stage with a big white flower in her hair and a marble in her hand to give to her principal. (the seniors each handed the principal a marble as they went to shake his hand - one last practical joke)

3 comments:

Katie said...

I did not know about the marble. That is pretty funny. :) She is so cute!

Sabrina said...

She told me about the marbles on graduation day after the fact. You couldn't notice it from where we were sitting but it is very clear on the DVD.

Unknown said...

So you finally cried. I think you needed to do that.