Monday, November 11, 2019

Easy Rolls

     Growing up I remember my mom being a good cook. I still make some of her dishes. She was not a baker, however. She was big fan of the mix.  And so that is how I initially learned how to bake. As a young wife I remember eating Thanksgiving dinner with my husband's family. My mother-in-law, Mama Ann, was a baker. She seemed to make everything from scratch. Gradually I collected many of her recipes. One of the first recipes of hers that I mastered was Easy Rolls. As I am wont to do my first effort in making these easy rolls was a failure. I did't thoroughly read the instructions first and I killed my yeast by putting it into the hot milk. Now a days I can whip these up very easily but for some unknown reason I usually only make them at Thanksgiving. They are a family favorite.






              My copy of the recipe is about as old as the number of years I've been married.

No comments: